Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stray Bullets #1


It's interesting that this was primarily to be a blog about my experience in making and watching films - and I've spent a lot of time on comics lately. Mostly it's because I read them on the subway to and from work. And they're pretty quick to go through. AND there is some great goddamn writing in them. And I've spent my time at night writing lately and so movie watching has been put on the back-burner.
So, to this. It's quite enjoyable. It's dark and often nihilistic. An anthology with loose connections between each chapter. Not unlike Criminal in that, although Criminal is a different beast altogether. This for me is just more interesting scenes and scenarios with some fun in finding connections. It's a Pulp Fiction type deal in that there's four seperate stories that all, somewhat intertwine. Pretty much all down endings, even if there is some kind of pleasant release. I could see myself spending more time with this series and these characters to see how the world builds.

No comments: