Tuesday, April 27, 2010

1339 - Kick-Ass


I've been tracking this film for quite some time. I've got the comic, but I've yet to read it. I will now. It's hard to watch this as New York since Toronto just SCREAMS through the locations. But I'll get past that. What we have here is, outside of some outlandish set pieces, probably one of the more realistic superhero films in how it deals with the realities of the injuries, the desires, etc... There's a deeper level to this film than the slick and gloss that's on the cover of it.
The performances are fantastic, the set pieces inspired (although I do feel like I saw everything awesome they had of Hit Girl in the trailers - so few surprises from her here, which was a little disappointing).
This is a film that I'll definitely pick up when it comes out. It's smart. Fun. And has a great edge to it. Should make stars out of all these kids.

No comments: