Friday, May 07, 2010

1343 - District 9


This was a powerhouse of a film. I'm glad that I finally saw it. I loved the campaign they had for it. Great posters. Great ideas. The idea of the film itself is pretty prominent to us as well sadly. How we treat those different, from different backgrounds. It was actually difficult to watch how some of the aliens were treated. The CGI here was flawless and beautiful - seamless really. I don't think this film could have worked with known talent, it wouldn't have had the raw and real feel. I can't recommend this strongly enough, and to boot, it was edited by a fellow Canadian. This is the kind of film that I can't wait to show my son when he's old enough to be entertained by it, then when he's old enough to understand all the levels it's playing on.

No comments: