Sunday, May 09, 2010

1344 - Up


I know that I'm late to the party on this one and my recommendation means absolutely nothing since everyone on the planet has seen this film already. But here it is anyway - and it's one of pure love:
Look at that picture above. Doesn't that guy look like he's just having the time of his life? That's the experience that I had watching this film. It's funny, incredibly touching at times, and the story plotting is just really really sophisticated. As a story-freak, I was sitting there several times just wondering how the hell they were going to get out of this scenario, or the next. With the characters and beats, this is story telling at it's absolute finest.
I've never seen a Pixar film I haven't liked (the only I haven't seen is Bug's Life), there are a few I'm a bit 'meh' on, but this one is, without a doubt, their finest hour.
Let's see how you top it gentlemen!

No comments: