Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Astonishing X-Men #4: Unstoppable


So as you can see I clearly blasted through this series. I never would have imagined I'd be this into X-Men. If you're familiar with this particular series you'll know that the image above isn't from this volume, but an earlier one, however if you're familiar with this volume - you'll know why I picked it.
Colossus and Kitty Pride are the heart of this entire series, particularly in the end. There's some really moving and interesting stuff going on in their storyline, even till the end. It's definitely changed the way I look at the big Marvel stories - I suppose that there's a reason they're so popular.
So I don't want to go into any detail except to say that this is a really spectacular final thrust in this storyline (which would have made a far more interesting third film, if done closer to what they've got here...) Alas. I'm not sure it'll make me want to pick up other X-Men books, but if anyone can recommend some at this level - I might just be up for it.

No comments: