Sunday, May 09, 2010

1345 - Real Time


I love Jay Baruchel. I think he's a brilliant actor, clever, smart, funny. And he's a big supporter of Canadian cinema so it's one of my hopes to one day work with him. This film is an interesting one, I'd wanted to see it because of Jay, but also because it was produced by a company that I, years ago, had a film in early development with that, ultimately, went south. It's a decent little film that's, more or less, exploring a very specific theme and idea through-out the entire film. I find that it hits it a little hard for my liking, and it's almost hitting the same note through-out. I just wish that they would have found a few more ways to get their themes and points across. Quaid and Baruchel do a really lovely time of keeping it interesting and enjoyable. I have no idea what the point of making Quaid an Aussie is. His accent is fine, just doesn't seem like there's much of a point.
So if you see this out there, please do give it a look. It was made south of here in Hamilton (I believe) and it's actually a nice little film and well worth watching, if for nothing else than the brilliant Baruchel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love Jay Baruchel, too. And I've tried to get my hands on this movie because of him, haven't succeeded yet, though. I shall seek again.