Saturday, May 01, 2010

1340 - Humpday


This film has been talked about quite a bit, based solely, I think, on the premise - which is essentially two heterosexual friends daring each other to have sex with them on camera.
This comes out of the Duplass methodology which started back with The Puffy Chair. It is unscripted and completely improvised - I'm not quite sure how much of an outline existed. I'd be curious to know.
The film is an entertaining one and the cast is charming. I particularily enjoyed Alycia Delmore and found that she really grounded the whole thing. Sadly I wasn't blown away by this. I enjoyed it and would gladly recommend it to anyone into independant film made experimentally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not blown away?!?!

I am SHOCKED!

Jeremy said...

Why shocked?