Monday, November 15, 2010

1463 - Duplicity


I love a good con-artist film and when it's in the hands as someone as skilled as Tony Gilroy you really can't go wrong. This is a film that, at it's core, is really about trust and relationships and it examines that theme in depth amidst the backdrop of a big corporate con. And it does it with flare.

Clive Owen and Julia Roberts are ridiculously charming here. The deeper their relationship is revealed the better it gets. Their moments in the final scenes of the film are just fantastic.

I could talk a lot more about this film but it's filled with so many wonderful twists and turns that I don't want to ruin the surprises that await the lucky viewer. This is a film that's as fun as it is smart. It keeps you on your toes and does a good job of keeping you entertained whilst it keeps you guessing and asking yourself - who can you trust?

2 comments:

Woolie said...

When did you watch this?? Where was I? Hmph!

Jeremy said...

When you were sleeping :) Seriously, it's a two and a half hour spy film, you were NEVER going to watch that with me, despite Julia Roberts being in it!

***this is the first time I ever realized that my wife reads my blog...***