Sunday, November 07, 2010

The Walking Dead - Vol 7: The Calm Before


As usual, spoilers below, start from the beginning!

The Calm Before is certainly that, the next volume will be read later tonight, however given how this one ends I can only imagine that shit is going to hit the fan in a major way, and not all of our (now) old friends will be walking away from it.
This volume had very little to do with the zombies/biters/lurkers/roamers, whatever you want to call them - and had far more to do with the relationships between the people and them getting ready for an inevitable attack from Woodsbury. This volume has it all, deaths, births, and even a wedding - AND we learned how to survive a zombie bite!
The beauty of this series is that when it does get peaceful and calm it gets uncomfortable, because you know that it can't last. And we're heading for a big down, you can just feel it - the series has been leading up to this...
At the rate I'm reading these I'll be desperate for the newest volume by the time it comes out on the 23rd. Alas... I think I'm going to surprise myself and try to read an actual book in the mean time! Surprise, surprise!

No comments: