Sunday, November 07, 2010

The Walking Dead - Vol 8: Made to Suffer


Spoilers ahead!!!!

Just when you thought this series couldn't get any darker...

I mean... fuck. What happens near the end of this battle puts the ending of the forth season of Dexter to shame. It's jaw dropping insanity - thank you Mr. Kirkman for making me realize that I am not completely desensitized. I can still be messed up by shit like that. I won't go into immense specifics here, but damn. Kirkman runs a sword through the cast here and really cuts down their numbers. Absolutely nothing is going to stop me from reading this series until the bitter end, but I could understand how some people could drop out after what happens in this book.

The nice thing about the ending of this volume is that our surviving characters (few that there are) are actually able to move on and make a fresh start somewhere else.

You're a bold man, Mr. Kirkman. I like it.

No comments: