Saturday, November 06, 2010

The Walking Dead - Vol 4: The Heart's Desire


I swear I'm not just reading this non-stop. I'm hanging with my family as well. It just so happens that these are pretty quick reads - that and I'm a little ravenous about them! So this volume continues to see our heroes (a term I use lightly) still in their prison fortress that, in theory, should keep them safe from the threat of, what they are now officially calling, zombies.
Without giving away any plot I'll just say that this continues to be quite the ride. As I mentioned in my previous post zombie stories aren't just about the horror and watching people die - it's about watching how society reacts to a problem that they can't control. This book is a continuation of that struggle and with it comes the realization that these people will never return to the life they knew before. It simply doesn't exist - it can't exist - it has to become something else. What that is we'll find out in the upcoming volumes I can only assume - which I'm sure I'll be writing about sooner rather than later!

No comments: