Thursday, January 05, 2012

1678 - Louis C.K.: Hilarious

I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I love this man.  This might be my favourite of his specials so far.  I love his stuff on perspective, how people bitch about stuff that doesn't matter, how they're so hard done by.  I think what I like about Louis is that the same stuff that annoys the hell out of him about people annoys the hell out of me as well.  We live in a time where people bitch about stuff just so they have something to talk about.  Everyone feels like they have to have a shitty day story.  Everything's great, but no body is happy.  He's got some amazing stuff on child raising in this volume that speaks to me in a way that makes me wonderfully uncomfortable.  I can't think of a single thing that he's said in this or any of his specials that I can't get behind entirely.  What Louis does that I don't see any other comic doing is that he calls people on their shit, I know that he's made me think twice about the way I act in some situations.  Louis is holding a mirror up to our society and saying "look how ridiculous you all are - are you aware of how you come off, how you're perceived?  It doesn't have to be this way…"
I can't recommend Louis CK or his comedy highly enough.  For me he's without a doubt my favourite comic, and I think the strongest one working today.  I'll watch anything he's part of without a second thought.  You should too.

No comments: