Friday, January 27, 2012

1685 - It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia: season seven

Aha!  And now I'm finally caught up on the exploits of "The Gang!".  I got behind on this show but I'm finally up to speed.  What I love about the photo above is how well it actually captures the spirit of the show.  These people are a family.  A fucked up family to be sure, but they are that.  They don't always get along, they almost always put themselves before anyone else, and will throw someone else under the bus at a moments notice, but when the chips are down (and everyone else is against them) they'll beat the odds to... get back to status quo. 
Some critics have made a point of commenting about how this is the most uneven season of the show thus far, and also how 'meta' is it.  It never bothered me, and when characters like these guys become self-aware from time to time, it's pretty damn rewarding.  I have to say though, I think that Dennis Reynolds wins the award for character who has officially gone to the dark side.  They really played with his sexual exploits this season, and the reveal of his 'tools' in the finale was perfect. 
I don't feel the need to go into specifics of the season as revealing even the episode titles gives the best of gags away, but I think that the show is doing a good job of keeping things fresh while still remaining true to what it is.  They've signed up for at least two more seasons so I'll be interested to see where they head.  Will Matt stay fat?  That'll be interesting...

No comments: