Friday, October 08, 2010

1440 - Ghost Town


I'll watch pretty much anything that Ricky Gervais is involved in - you throw Tea Leoni and David Koepp into the mix and I'm in for sure. The premise of this film is a lot of fun - it's by no means original to tell a story about people that can hear ghosts - but putting it under the guise of a romantic comedy gives it a fresh spin, and using this cast does wonders for it. The film itself is filled with such great characters, dialogue and a sweetness that just creeps up and takes over you. Despite how horrible the main character is, Gervais makes you want to spend time with him. I knew I'd enjoy this film, but I wasn't expecting to love it like I did. It's a bit formulaic sure, but goddamn if it isn't entertaining, and if it doesn't just hit that sweet spot.

No comments: