Wednesday, October 20, 2010

1450 - Doghouse


A horror comedy about a bunch of men looking to get away from their nagging female counter-parts for a weekend, only to end up in a town that's inhabited by female zombies. There's something fun in that idea alone. The film has a bunch of interesting ideas and gags, even if I do think that they missed a few opportunities. The film desperately wants to be Shaun of the Dead, but it's not funny enough, nor are the actors charming enough to really pull it off.
That being said, for those who are fans of the horror-comedy genre, I promise that there will be stuff for you to enjoy. In the very least it's a hell of a fun ride for the most part - just not as scary and funny as it should be.

2 comments:

Screenwriting Spinster said...

My boyfriend was talking about this film just the other day and he wants me to see it! I just recently saw Lesbian Vampire Killers, which was a lot of fun.

Jeremy said...

hehe - that sounds great!