Tuesday, October 26, 2010

1452 - The Thing


Through a bizarre twist of fate I ended up being part of a conversation about this film today and since I had never seen it I promised that I would check it out as-soon-as-possible - little did I know that I'd find it on Netflix and so here we are.
I found the beginning to be a bit slow. But I understand the desire to let it breath a bit at the beginning. In truth despite this being an older film it holds up extremely well - it's interesting, it's smart, it keeps you guessing. The only glaring thing is the make-up which, while amazing for it's time, is the only thing that, as a modern audience, I found pulled me out of it just a bit.
All in all it's well crafted, well acted, and especially well written film. If you haven't seen this and you're a horror fan than I strongly suggest you check it out.

No comments: