Sunday, October 31, 2010

1454 - Halloween II


Based on the last few films I've watched it would appear that I'm some kind of horror nut, which is not true at all. Tis the season though - and I was working on a draft of a horror comedy type script, so I've also been watching stuff for inspiration and to get into the mood - so there's that as well.
I've seen a bunch of the films in this series, but I haven't seen this one - and since Netflix had it... who was I to turn it down. It could be that it's a film that's almost thirty years old now, but I just found it a bit tiring, unmotivated. I got annoyed by the fact that Myers is obsessed with killing Strode, but yet he takes his sweet ass-time wherever he walks. The convenience of things drove me a little nuts as well. It's hard to be scared of a film like this when we've got decades of stuff in-between that's designed for more to shock. Geez, I wonder what kind of shit my son will be watching when he's my age if I consider this stuff tame.
Not horrible by any means, but I didn't care for it too much.
All right. Enough with the horror for now - time to get back to my usual fare!

No comments: