Thursday, October 21, 2010

1451 - Friday the 13th


It would appear as though I am on quite the horror spree these days - I blame it on a project I'm working on - but I should be shifting back to my usual fare soon and so I'll be able to take a bit of a break from this genre for now.
I grew up in the heyday of Jason and Freddy films and I've seen my share of them - not all, but most - I know the backstories, etc...
I was really impressed by the opening sequence of this film. It made me sit up and take notice. If I'm honest I'm not sure that they rest of the film ever lived up to it. It's okay, but it doesn't deliver on the intelligent, stealth Jason that they set up so wonderfully. For a horror film it delivers on the boobs and the high kill count as well as a few decent one-liners. The very ending I found a bit forced, but I understand the intention.
Overall I didn't find it scary or all that original. I'm curious to see if this was a one-off or if they plan on continuing the reboot past this initial one. Time will tell...

No comments: