Saturday, October 16, 2010

1445 - Fathers & Sons


I was lucky enough to obtain a screener of this film, following having seen it at Edmonton's film fest. I couldn't resist watching it again with my wife, Emily, who I knew would dig it. I really admire this film and how it was made, especially because it's so goddamn good. I'm an anal son-of-a-bitch, but I'm hoping that one day I could get over myself enough to make a film in this style, off-the-cuff and loose. It's a smart, funny, and heartfelt film. I can't imagine a man alive that can't relate to this film in some capacity. Do yourself a favour and seek it out when the chance arrives. Not sure what their distribution plan is for the film just yet. Me, I'm seeking our Carl Bessai's former "Mothers & Daughters" and hope that he follows this up with a third-entry "Brothers & Sisters".

No comments: