Saturday, February 12, 2011

1522 - Bride Wars


Okay, before you judge, Emily and I were looking for something to watch in the background while I worked on my taxes and she did grades for school.  So there!
I love Anne Hathaway, and I do like the premise for this film - which is two best friends decide to have their dream weddings on the same day, and instead of either compromising they turn into each other's worst nightmares.  But I got more or less what I expected with this.  There was a clunky, exposition heavy voice-over that grated on me a bit.  I never found this to be particularly funny, there were some moments that were amusing - but nothing that just made you laugh out loud, or even mildly giggle.  I do like where the film ends up, although it's pretty heavily telegraphed. 
Movies like this that turn females into stereotypes generally bother the shit out of me - this one just annoyed me a little bit when it came to that.  It's fun enough, and to be fair, I'm not exactly the target audience.  See it, or don't.  It's not really that kind of film...
Bride Wars  Bride Wars (3-Disc Set) [Blu-ray]

1 comment:

Screenwriting Spinster said...

I think I am supposed to be its target audience, and I have no desire to see it. Perhaps, if it's on TV one day on the Wnetwork, and I have nothing better to do.