Saturday, February 26, 2011

1528 - Tiptoes

I checked this out, I'm pretty sure, for the same reason that a lot of people will be in the next few days.  I was with a good friend last night who mentioned seeing something about this on Tosh.0 ripping it to shreds.  They have Tosh's segment on the comedy central website, but sadly not being in the US I can't watch it.  If anyone knows how to get around that region stuff let me know!
So I checked out the trailer when I got home - easy enough to find on youtube - and it was as spectacularly horrible as I was told. 
Above you see a photo of the beautiful Kate Beckinsale, but who is that beside her?  Why it's none other than the amazing Gary Oldman and, as the trailer says, it's the "role of a lifetime" wherein he plays a dwarf.  Just when you thought Gary Oldman could play anything...
Here's the premise, and I'm not making this up:  A regular sized man comes from a family of all Dwarfs and when his fiance (whom he's kept in the dark about his family) winds up pregnant he lives in fear that his unborn child will be a dwarf as well.
This film is just kind of bizarre - I really need to find a way to see the Tosh.0 segment.  I don't want to ruin anything in case you want to bask in the bizarreness that is that film.  I promise you that no matter what the film certainly doesn't follow by-the-book.  What's really kind of cool about it is that I'm sure it employed a large percentage of the working dwarf actors, and what's horrible is that they cast Gary Oldman instead of using someone of the proper size for the role.  That being said, whatever they did to create the illusion of Gary's size is pretty darn impressive.
If you want to see this just approach with the warning.  And I promise you that at least Beckinsale is worth watching for (as always).
Tiptoes 

No comments: