Saturday, December 24, 2011

1667 - Scrooged

This is one of my favorites and has been since I was a kid.  It's funny, I grew up watching this on television, which was edited down for time and so now that I've got the DVD of it, it still feels odd to see the extra scenes - like they aren't supposed to be there.
This film has a wonderful darkness to it and it really is one of the great dark comedies.  I love how accurate they stay to the Christmas Carol story and yet how free form they are in their interpretation.  Bill Murray is fantastic here - a joy from start to finish.  Carole Kane is probably my favourite amongst the ghosts.
It's probably too late given that tomorrow is Christmas, however if you've never seen this film you really owe it to yourself to check it out - as much as it's a Christmas classic, it's just pure classic as well. 
Happy holidays!

No comments: