Thursday, December 01, 2011

1648 - The Great Muppet Caper

One benefit to our two-year old being an earlier riser is that I can revisit some of my favorite childhood films, and he's really starting to take a shine to the Muppets, in particular Sweetums :) (no, I don't park my kid in front of the television as a first resort - and when I do I watch with him and we talk about what we're watching - which is even more fun to get the commentary from a small child).
I still prefer the original film to this one, but what this one does really well is steps up just what the Muppets can do and how they can function in the real world (almost to the point where it seems like they might be showing off just a little bit - nothing wrong with that). 
I've never been a Charles Grodin fan and he just feels awkward here.  He's probably the only weak spot to the entire film for me.  The songs here are really quite good.  I didn't get to really intensely watch the film as I was also playing with blocks at the time :)  But from the majority I was able to focus on it's still as good as it ever was.  Lovely to be able to revisit these films :)

No comments: