Monday, December 26, 2011

1669 - Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

It's been a long long time since I've seen this and I watched it with my nephews last night.  Ephraim got it, along with some other great classics for Christmas, so I'm sure I'll revisit this and those at some point as well.  I'd seen this so many times as a kid that the story, songs, and characters are really etched into my brain.  I love the dentist elf, love the island of misfits, and just the claymation style in particular.  This is one of those classics that if you haven't seen, and especially if you've got kids, you really need to check it out.  It's not on netflix, sadly, but I think you can find a copy on DVD fairly easily, and they play the hell out of it on television around the holiday season.  Might still be able to find it this week actually...
And believe it or not there is a Wii game of this film.  Here's a review for it here.  Apparently it's terrible :)

No comments: