Sunday, July 18, 2010

1374 - Visioneers


Let me start off by saying I absolutely love Judy Greer. It would make me an extremely happy person to be able to work with her one day. I think Zach Galifianakis is enjoyable as well, and I think neither are utilized here with their strengths. I hate saying it, but this film is just a bit pretentious. It's, essentially, about a man who has the wife, kid, house, job, but is unhappy with all of it... and we're never given a reason why. I think it's meant to represent that everyone is unhappy... but... that's not true. I really had a hard time not drifting in and out of this. I really really wanted to like this film, but I just couldn't. I'm sorry Drake brothers! I know you were trying to make a satire, but I think you missed the mark. I look forward to what you do next 'cause I think you guys definitely have something to say as storytellers, here it was just a little heavy handed.
Love that Judy Greer. Love her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

galifianakis is now even trying to do dramas? oh god, please no.

Jeremy said...

This is a few years old now, but yeah. I mean... I think it's meant to be funny as well... but... it's not.