Sunday, July 04, 2010

Jack of Fables #7: The New Adventures of Jack & Jack


I have absolutely no idea what this book was trying to be. It's a hallway for sure. The last cross-over book figured in the ending of the major story-arc that had been going on since the beginning of this spin-off series, and so this is kind of a reboot/new beginning kind of thing, and... I don't know. The Jack Horner story is... lame... and they spend far more time on Jack Frost in a story that's - okay. I like the idea of now having to see Horner grow up and be a father-figure, but they don't seem to be interested in that just yet.
I'm intrigued to see what they do in the next book based on where they left this one off - but I have to say, if it doesn't set something really interesting in motion they may lose me as a reader.
I always pitch this series to my friend as this - if Fables is the hour long HBO/Showcase show, than this is the half-hour brother.
Step it up Mr. Willingham, I know you've got it in you.

No comments: