Monday, July 26, 2010

1379 - Iron Man 2


When I started writing up this blog again the first entry was actually the last Iron Man, so I really wanted to make sure that I saw this one in the theatre. It's only been the last few years that I've gotten into comics, and not really the super-mainstream stuff, so I never knew a whole hell of a lot about Iron Man, but I really enjoyed the first film. It had a real sense of fun to it. Downey was born for this role and it feels really good and interesting on him. I was entertained the entire time, but I don't think I was ever really blown away by anything here, from characters, to story elements, fights, etc... it was all just... enjoyable, but at the same time I don't feel like I'll ever need to re-watch these films, even though I'll always make sure to see them. I guess my biggest critique of this is that it kind of feels a bit like it's all just one big set-up to The Avengers. I'll be happy to see a third Iron Man without them feeling the need to use the film to intro new characters. If you liked the first film there's absolutely no reason to not see this.

No comments: