Tuesday, July 20, 2010

1375 - Get Him to the Greek


I was a really big fan of Forgetting Sarah Marshall and I was tracking this film as soon as it was announced. Russell Brand and Jonah Hill are a special kind of magic on screen together, and I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see them reunited again some time in the future. This film made me laugh out loud and that's not something that happens all that often. Maybe I was just in the mood for something fun, and I definitely got it.
I have no idea who writes the songs for this film, but I need to look it up (and probably buy the album) there is a brilliance to the euphemisms in here. One of the most amazing parts of this film, and something that I really wasn't expecting was Aaron's relationship with Daphne, played by the really lovely and amazing Elizabeth Moss. I saw my own relationship inside of that one and I instantly grounded to their relationship. So maybe that helped me love the film that much more.
If you like Sarah Marshall, I think you're going to dig this. It's just plain fun.

No comments: