Friday, July 09, 2010

Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness


I really am just breezing through the re-read of these books. I love this volume a lot. We really get an extra layer to Scott in the backstory to his relationship with Envy Adams, and I really like what's going on with Knives here. It would have been soooo easy to make that character something far weaker or less interesting. So kudos for not doing that.
I really do just love these characters, this world, how meta it can get at some points. It's refreshing, and done with lesser skill, would probably be annoying.
One thing I never realized before was that Gideon appears a few times in this book. Glad I picked up on that. Love that there's extra things to find buried in the re-reads.
I might take a few days break before reading the last two. I also have a bonus comic that was done... I think between the fourth and fifth books... I'll read it at some point in this process. I've also got more Sandman to read now too, so I'll want to give into that at some point.
Again, if you haven't read this yet - you're missing out.

No comments: