Friday, July 16, 2010

The Sandman Vol 4: Season of Mists

Finally got back into reading this series. And now that I've finished this particular volume I can start reading the spin-off series Lucifer. I really really loved this volume. We start off treated to a family reunion of the endless, and are then propelled into, probably, the most interesting Sandman story to date. Lucifer has decided to leave Hell, so he kicks everyone else, locks the door and hands Sandman the key to do with as he wishes. But first we get a really awesome tour of hell - I'll say little because the details of the tour and the ideology that comes out of it are a lot of fun.
In the middle of this really intriguing story of Dream trying to figure out whom to give Hell to, we get this side story that gives us a glimpse of the ramifications of Lucifer kicking everyone out of Hell. The dead, many of them, come back to earth, and for a young boy stuck at boarding school, it'll change the course of his life forever.
Okay. Stopping there before I ruin it all. I like this series more and more with each volume. It's a dense book, but it's worth it.

No comments: