Friday, July 09, 2010

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World


I forgot how quick of a read these books are. I probably could have held off a few days prior to re-reading.
This book just continues along with the excellence, and what I like about this is that it starts a situation in which it's not all one sided. It's not all about Scott having to deal with Ramona's exes, her her having to deal with his as well. She has to be worthy of him also. This isn't the strongest book of the series, but it's still super fantastic. It's just really setting up a lot of different things. The ex-boyfriend fight scene in this book is pretty anticlimatic, so I hope that the film version does it better justice. Bryan Lee O'Malley deserves a spot on Canada's Walk of Fame for this series alone. I'm very interested to see what he follows this all up with.

No comments: