Sunday, June 05, 2011

1574 - Leap Year

I don't know when or why I'd added this to my ziplist, but I suppose I did - more than likely due to a little crush I've got on Amy Adams - and I quite enjoy Matthew Goode as well.  So what we've got here is a by-the-numbers rom-com that has a dash of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles thrown in - but without the humor or emotion.  But it's enjoyable because of Adams and Goode despite you knowing exactly how it's going to go.  The ending actually veers towards something pretty unique - but then you realize it's the false ending and then they slap you with something that feels a bit tacked on and fake.  Given the talent involved, from the actors to Arnand Tucker directing it's just a shame and a waste of really good talent. 
Is it a terrible film?  No.  Not at all, but it's not something I'd recommend outside of someone wanting some rainy-day flick.  It might do well for that.
Leap Year  Leap Year [Blu-ray]

No comments: