Friday, June 10, 2011

Transmetropolitan #5: Lonely City

And I'm back!  I have to say that what I wanted to start happening in this series has happened, so I'm back in at full steam.  Again, we're deep enough into the series now that if you're reading this not expecting spoilers then you're just being silly.  Proceed with caution.
So the last book left off with Callahan being elected President and more or less telling Spider that he was coming for him, and the whole time in this book I'm just waiting for the axe to fall, and I won't ruin anything, but when it does it's one of those wonderful "Shit just got real" moments that makes you clamor for more.  And when shit gets real we see Spider as a real person, scared, out to protect the ones he cares about.  I love the little glimpses we see like this of Spider, seeing that he doesn't hate everyone, quite the opposite, Spider LOVES people, he just hates what they're becoming.  There is a wonderful moment in the previous book involving a little girl and a stuffed animal that is particularly revealing of his character.  So onward I go, with pleasure!
Transmetropolitan Vol. 5: Lonely City (New Edition) (Transmetropolitan - Revised)

No comments: