Thursday, June 16, 2011

Transmetropolitan #10: One More Time

And so it ends.  I love Spider - look at that smiling face up above, what's not to love!  This series has been a joy - it had a weird start, but then again it's quite a different world and required some serious set-up, but I think it all played in and came full circle in the end.  I still think that it might have been nice to have seen The Smiler the way that the world that believed in him saw him, just so that we could know what Spider was up against in taking him down, but I'm happy with this version all the same.
I loved the way that it ended, on Spider's terms.  I won't actually go into detail on it, but I have to say that the last page put a big-ass smile on my face.
Thank you Warren Ellis for entertaining me to no end over these last ten volumes, and thanks to Ben for the loaning and recommendation.  May I extend that recommendation to all of you!
Transmetropolitan Vol. 10: One More Time

No comments: