Saturday, June 11, 2011

1578 - Premonition

I remember the trailers for this film when it was about to come out and I know I was intrigued, but ultimately never bothered seeing it.  I've seen a lot of reviews that trash it, but I have to say that I enjoyed it for the most part.  I think that it's a bit heavy handed at times, like everything IS JUST SO INTENSE.  I think that the direction could have been a little more subtle and smooth. 
This is a film about a woman whose husband dies, and then when she wakes up the next morning he's alive again... essentially the film plays out over the course of one week, although we (through the point of view of Sandra Bullock's character) go through it in a scattered version.  Which is kind of awesome.  Apparently the Bluray of this has a feature where you can see how it would play out chronologically.  There are a few things that I think were mistakes... although with this type of film you could easily justify them.  It's a film that's a tad frustrating, especially considering that she knowingly does things that she's seen happen in other ways, but at the same time it kept you guessing and wondering out it would play out - and that's no small feat. 
So for those who like a little thriller/mystery action, this might just be up your alley.
Premonition (Widescreen Edition)  Premonition [Blu-ray]

No comments: