Friday, September 10, 2010

1399 - You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger


So anyone that knows me knows that I love Woody Allen, so there was no way in hell that I was missing this. I know that it'll be in theatres in the near future. I don't care. In fact I arranged my whole schedule today around making sure that I would damn well see this.
Now, I'm going to be completely honest about what I think about this film, and you can say I'm bias, but I don't care. I honestly think that this is some of Woody's finest work. It's on a par with Hannah and Her Sisters in terms of the way he handles the comedy within an ensemble. Everything works in this film. Woody is often criticized for creating worlds that don't exist with people who live in beautiful apartments and are surrounded by culture and art. And I say, so what? There's a slight fairytale element to his stories, but the way he colors his films, and the music he uses I think point to that anyway. So if that's your criticism of the man, just stop watching his films.
The cast is top notch. Everyone has a moment to shine in this and that they do. I don't want to give away anything and so I'll keep tight lipped about it. All I have to say is that if you've ever been a Woody fan, at any point, this is the film you've been waiting for from him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooooooh, good to hear it's good. can't wait to see it. hope i will like it as much as you did...