Thursday, September 23, 2010

1422 - Le Divan du Monde (Everybody's Couch)


Holy shit did I love this film. I've gotten to know the film's producer Rayne Zukerman a little over the past few days at the festival, and I'm hoping to be able to meet her partner Dominic Desjardins (the film's writer/director) as some point in the near future - not surprisingly he's shooting his second feature already.
This film is a road trip that takes us from Vancouver to P.E.I. and they really do a wonderful job of representing the country. It was like comfort food to me to see all of these places, some I know well, others not so much. There's a tiny part of this, intentional or not, that's a love letter to our Country.
The film's two leads Melanie LeBlanc and Antoine Gratton are really wonderful together. You want to spend time with these people, and you can anxious each time you fear that they may go their seperate ways.
This is a really really great film and it just had me smiling ear to ear. This film absolutely needs to reach a wide audience, I think people will really connect to it. I'm trying to think of more ways to say how much I loved this film. I guess you'll just have to seek it out yourself.

No comments: