Tuesday, September 14, 2010

1403 - The Bang Bang Club


This is a film that there had been some buzz about so I was interested to see it. Essentially it's about war photographers, what they go through, the rush of getting a great photo amidst the horrors that surround you. And eventually the wider theme comes out, and it's, kind of, about the idea of journalists and photographers and whether they should just stay observers, or is it their responsibility to get involved in their subjects. Do they have to stay back both physically and emotionally?
The stuff inside of the war zones is amazing, really. I mean, I just can't imagine shooting stuff like that. It's gotta be intense. That stuff was done super super well. In terms of the story I found it got a bit melodramatic, not quite preachy, but I was kind of surprised at how I got more and more annoyed by it as it went on. I'm curious to see what others thought about this film, for me, by the end, I didn't care for it all that much, even though I admired many of the technical aspects of it.

No comments: