Tuesday, September 14, 2010

1409 - Griff the Invisible


Here's an example of a film there I nearly walked out of, but because I stayed I found myself quite liking a lot of aspects of it. I hate to say that, while the script to this is full of wonderful stuff, I think it should have been directed by someone else. The tone and pace doesn't work, and sometimes the performances don't either - and I'm not quite sure that it's the actors fault. This is the kind of film that has a great premise and needs someone else to remake it to fully realize the ideas that are going on within it, 'cause at it's core, it's a really fantastic and sweet story - it just didn't quite get it out in the way that it needed to.
So the film is a bit of a train wreck for a large part of it, but there is enough here to make me say that you might want to check it out. The performance by Maeve Dermody is worth the price of admission alone.

No comments: